Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
The world’s best-selling advanced learner’s dictionary, now with Oxford iWriter to help students plan, write and review their written work.
Level: Upper-Intermediate to Advanced
The Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, or OALD, is recommended by teachers and students because it defines words in language students understand, gives useful example sentences, and includes the help learners need to expand their vocabulary to 7500 words.
It has sold over 35 million copies worldwide and is the world’s best-selling advanced learner’s dictionary.
The new 8th edition with Oxford iWriter, an interactive tutor to improve writing skills, offers 8 new reasons to choose OALD.
- Oxford iWriter on CD-ROM, an interactive tutor to help students plan, write, and review their written work
- Interactive whiteboard-friendly CD-ROM now with Topic
- Vocabulary Banks, integrated thesaurus and photocopiable resources
- 32-page Oxford Writing Tutor
- 1,000 new words and meanings
- 64-page Visual Vocabulary Builder
- Oxford 3000™plus – the most important words to know in English and the most important meanings of those words
- Topic Collocation notes and synonym information
- Academic Word List words marked